Storyteller Eileen Egan Mack
Eileen Egan Mack grew up in Ballston Lake, New York. She received her B.A. and M.A. from Plattsburgh State. In the North Country, she raised her family and was an educator in the elementary classroom , nursery school, and primarily,working as a speech/language therapist. Adult education included being a facilitator for Project Learning Tree, New York State United Teachers' Effective Teaching Program, and an adjunct faculty member at Plattsburgh State. She wrote as a stringer for the local paper, was a TV weather reporter, and is voiceover talent for Mountain Lake PBS in Plattsburgh. She left her public school career to return to the Capital District to be close to her children and grandchildren. Whatever her role, as mother, teacher, grandmother, or writer, storytelling has been the cornerstone.
- "Voice of the Mountains: Jeanne Robert Foster, an Adirondack Legacy," a one hour performance piece in which Eileen portrays Jeanne and shares her life through stories, songs, and readings.
- "Trees"- Because of Jeanne Robert Foster's love of trees, and because Eileen loves trees, she continues to develop a series of stories both personal and across the globe that are about trees and their purpose, influences, meaning in a variety of settings.
- StoryCapers - Sharing stories that children love such as Goldilocks(with a twist), the Princess and Pea, The Sun and the WInd, Little Red Ridinghood. She is also willing to work with teachers, librarians, caretakers, to create a program that fits the needs of the audience, whether it related to geography, character development, or some specific theme. This program can be presented by Mother Goose, if that is appropriate to the age group.
- Personal Stories-This body of work includes family stories and ways to help audiences beging tapping into their own personal and family stories.
- Patriotic Stories and Songs-In this program, the audience is the accompaniment. Eileen has selected a number of familiar patriotic song and after the history of the song and / or the composer is shared, Eileen invites the audience in singing these special songs that stir the heart.