Two Open Mics - Saratoga Springs and Schenectady, NY
Storytelling Open Mic at Caffe Lena
On the first Tuesday of each month, 7-9 pm
Storytellers of all styles and levels of experience are welcome! Enjoy an evening of true stories, traditional tales, myths, fables, family stories and more.
The evening starts with our featured teller, sharing 30 minutes of stories.
This part of the evening is live-streamed on Caffe Lena TV ($5)
Then, we switch to the open mic in-person only telling, where tellers will be able to work on their new or rejuvenated stories with one another. No broadcast.
- Doors open at 6:30 for signups.
- Stories 10 minutes or under that you have rehearsed but want to try out for a larger appreciative audience. No straight improv, no notes or reading.
- Full food and drink menu available.
- Please remember your proof of vaccination. Masks are optional in our all-vax venue.
Our staff and volunteers will be masked but you are welcome to do what is comfortable for you.
- No pre-sale tickets. Seating is first come first serve.
47 Phila Street, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Stories Around the Steeple, Schenectady
Once a month, storytellers, musicians and spoken word artists have an open mic.